When dementia devastates the mind and body of a loved one, lives turn upside down and it is difficult to determine where to seek advice and support. Please look below to the provided links, pdf documents and eBook which offer a collection of valuable research and advice.
Primary Resources offers some of the best paths to follow when seeking initial answers. These organizations supply outstanding and thorough information and are considered by many to be prime sources for dementia and Alzheimer’s guidance.
Beyond Primary Resources, supplemental material is offered and grouped in to like areas for further research and understanding.
- Alzheimers Association
- Pima Council on Aging
- The Mayo Clinic
- Family Caregiver Alliance – National Center on Caregiving
- For People Helping People with Alzheimers
- Alzheimers & Dementia Caregiver Center
- National Institute on Aging – Caregiving
- Caregiver Support
- Support for Alzheimers and Dementia Caregivers
- Care Crossroads
- Getting the Family to Agree On a Care Plan for an Older Adult
- Activities for People with Alzheimer’s Disease
- Questions to Ask When Hiring Home Care
- DICE Method Helps Handling Agitation and Aggression in Dementia
- 6 Things Caregivers Must Do While There’s Still Time
Additional Alzheimer’s and Dementia Resources
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America
- National Institute on Aging – Alzheimers
- National Institute on Aging – Vascular Dementia
- Web MD – Alzheimer’s Disease Health Center
- The Human Memory – Alzheimer’s Disease
- The Human Memory – Dementia
- The Alzheimer’s Project by HBO
- Project Lifesaver International
- What is Alzheimer’s Disease?
- What is Dementia?